Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 - Baby Furniture

I have been researching darn near everything - strollers, cribs, pack and plays, swings, bottles, the list goes on and on...well, I thought, I should go to Babies R Us and do some hands on research.  I am pretty sure I have a nice stroller, jogging stroller, car seat and swing picked out.  My issue is Nursery Furniture.  The cost for the dresser, changing table and crib are ridiculous and the quality is awful on many.  I don't have issues with most of the cribs, but the dressers are awful, they have that horrible cardboard bottoms in many of them.  They won't last very long at all.  So, so I am back to the drawing board.  I really like a set from Penny's but I can't get my hands on a sample.  I like to see and touch what I am buying where furniture is involved, they do deliver and have free shipping...so that is a bonus.  Anyone out there?  what kind of nursery furniture did you get?  Please don't say Pottery Barn.  My husband is against PB, for some reason.  Should we buy a crib from one place and then a dresser from a furniture store?  Ugh...

(Although, really if this is my worst problem, then I really need to look outside my world!)

When I went shopping I had to find a bathroom twice.  I was only gone an hour and a half.

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you get a low dresser and use it as a changing table too? That way, you can get a quality piece that will grow with the baby! An awesome stroller/jogging stroller is the kolcraft countours options stroller! It really is awesome and you will NEVER need another one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a guy who makes furniture near Apple Creek Ohio. He made my middle chid's furniture for a great price. I picked out what I wanted and he made it to that design at a fraction of the cost. And it's solid. Check out IKEA since it's only 2 hours from you, I"ve heard great things. We went very simple (i.e. cheap) when we bought nursery furniture. We had no clue.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crib doesn't match my dresser, and I think it's fine, I had a dresser from before I got married that we were either going to have to get rid of to make room for baby or use in the nursery. It was a good quality piece, so I hated to get rid of it, I did paint it (well, I had Brad paint it) to coordinate with the nursery colors.

    If you want a nicer quality dresser, pick someone that can be used in your child's room as he/she grows or repurposed elsewhere in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention... have you seen the book "Baby Bargains"? A friend recommended it to me when I was researching what to register for.

    ReplyDelete