Friday, July 1, 2011

First Ultrasound - 6/30/11

Yesterday morning at 8:00 AM was the day I had been waiting for for years and years or so it seemed!  We got to the doctor's office at 7:55 and were quickly called back for the Ultrasound.  It was a transvaginal u/s so well, that was fun.  She told me I was measuring small...at like 5 weeks 2 days.  She said that the gestational sac and yolk was there as well as a sweet little flutter of a heartbeat.  It was so exciting.  Because the measuring is behind, I will have another u/s next Thursday at 6 weeks 2 days.  My due date will then probably change to 2/25/11.  Next week we should be able to get a heart rate which is what I am really looking forward to hearing. 

I don't understand the 2 week difference.  I have my dates because yes, you guessed it I charted everything.  Whatever, as long as the baby is healthy, that is fine by me!

UPDATE:  I called my doctor's office because I am an annoying patient.  I wanted reassurance that all is well.  The second u/s is for dating because there is a discrepancy between dates.  We should be ble to get the heartrate and the nurse has assurred me that there is nothing to worry about!  AMEN!!

1 comment:

  1. Smiles for you!!! Sounds like things are going good.

    Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete