Saturday, February 11, 2012

My First IUI

Wednesday evening was my trigger shot and it was relatively painless.  Whatever at this point.  I prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Thursday was my birthday and I celebrated all day.  It was wonderful.  And Jeff came home.

Friday morning we were up and going pretty quick.  Jeff's appointment was at 9, we got there about 8:45 and they took him back pretty quickly.  My appointment was at 10:30, once he was finished they told him to have me back by 10:15. 

We went to the cafeteria and got some breakfast.  (Gotta love a hospital that has sushi and valet parking!)

We got back to the Fertility Clinic at 10:15, they called us back pretty quick and I was told to once again take bottoms off.  The nurse came back in and I identified the 'sample'  yes, it was Jeff's sample. 

The nurse then said she would explain everything but if I had any questions, to please stop her and she would do her best to answer them. 

She inserted the speculum and we got the show on the road.  It took about 5 minutes and it really didn't hurt.  She told me to lay on the table for 15 minutes, Jeff had me lay there an additional five minutes..then we left.  It really wasn't bad.  I wouldn't say painful but rather a few minutes of uncomfortable. 

We left and came home because I was exhausted.  I took a good nap and then we went out to dinner but we were back home and in bed by 7:30.  I think we were both mentally exhausted.

Next step...I have labwork next Friday and then will test the following Friday.  The two week wait now starts!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, the dreaded 2WW. Hope yours goes by quickly and that you have a lovely positive test at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for positive news! (Very big grin inserted here.)

    ReplyDelete