Monday, October 7, 2013

{Run Like A Girl Half Marathon}

So, if my memory serves me correctly, this was my eleventh half marathon.  Fun huh!

This was my first half marathon since May, 2011.  My first marathon with my baby girl.

Let's get down to the nitty-gritty. 

Friday night, I was a basket case.  My stomach was in knots.I made spaghetti, meatballs and garlic bread.  I did have a glass of wine.  I did drink over a gallon of water for fear of dehydration.

I had everything all laid out.  My shoes, socks, sports bra, shirt, skirt, headband, spibelt, Garmin charging, fuel belt ready, water in the frig. 

I got everything out for Lillie too.  Shoes, socks, outfit, bow...bottles ready, toys diaper bag backed.

Time for bed.  I went to bed about 8:00, I knew I wouldn't sleep great.  I actually slept better than I thought I would.  I got up at 5:30.  Went down and ate oatmeal and had a cup of coffee.  I made the decision to use my hand held water bottle rather than the fuel belt.  I am glad I did.

I got dressed and after hearing the weather forecast, I decided to wear a tank rather than a short sleeved shirt.  Another smart move.

I got Lillie up at 6:00am and fed her while Jeff was getting ready. 

Goal was to leave the house no later than 6:45...we made it.  Traffic was bad getting out of town.  Hysterical since we live in farm town, USA. 

We made it downtown and Jeff and Lill dropped me off so I could get race ready. 

I met up with a couple girls from the Moms Run this Town.  It was nice to have pre race jitters/chats with people 'who get it'  We took our picture and then went our separate ways to get ready.  Marcie was doing the half with me.  Katie was doing the10k.

I wondered over to the Portapotty.  Normally I don't use them but I really had to pee (remember over a gallon of water)  I will say a Women's Only race made the portapotties a whole lot cleaner.  I was impressed with the cleanliness. 

Then I met back up with Jeff and Lill.  I was happy I got to spend a few minutes with them before the race.  Lill is so cute...I just want to be with her constantly.

I, then, wondered over to the start line. 

There wasn't much direction from the directors.  But after a few minutes, we were off.  No one was ready because the race started about 10 minutes early.  UNPRECEDENTED.

These are my miles 5 and 8 were off

1 - 10:50
2 - 11:28
3 - 11:42
4 - 11:37
5 - 13:11
6 - 10:38
7 - 12:36
8 - 12:25
9 - 13:23
10 - 13:12
11 - 14:23
12 - 13:24
13 - 13:50
.1 - 1.07

The race was touted as being flat.  it was not.  I mean it wasn't hilly in that they were big hills but there were hills going over the bridges, going down to the trails coming up from the trails.  Not making excuses.  I am just thrilled to have finished.

My goals for this race were simple.  First since I had done all training run with Lill and the stroller.  I had no idea of a pace.  I discovered that I lean on the stroller.  MUST. STOP.  So my goals were to finish and not in last place.  I completed both goals.  Actually I think I finished about middle of the pack. 

Please, please remember to wear a ROAD ID.  My friend, Marcie passed out and they had to go over the loud speaker to get any family/friends.  She dehydrated due to the heat at mile 11.  She remembers hitting her Garmin to stop it before she went down.  She was taken to the hospital by ambulance and thankfully released at 2.  She is feeling much better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment