Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Tricks

Yesterday I had my appointment in Cleveland.  I met with the doctor and the nurse to learn about the next steps.  First, let me say that I did an ultrasound and pregnancy test.  I am NOT pregnant.  I had pretty much given up on the idea anyway for this month.  This does indeed mean that we will not have a baby in 2012.  But 13 is my lucky number and what a wonderful way to bring in the new year than with a baby!  Right?!

I then learned how to give myself injections.  I will be giving myself injections of Follistim 150 units.  I will start that this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Then I will see the doctor on Monday morning for an ultrasound and blood work.  Then I will be instructed as to next steps.

After my follicles are ready to go, I will trigger with Ovidrel.  Then have the IUI thirty-six hours later.  Two days after the IUI, I will begin progesterone suppositories.  Hopefully this is our golden ticket to parenthood!

I NEVER thought I would be able to give myself these shots, but I really think I will be okay after I do the first one.  I have to be okay.  The doctor is very positive that we should get good results with this and he is really hoping that we do not have to go the IVF route.  (I am too!)

In very different news, I am awaiting word on my Uncle Russell.  He took a turn for the worse over the weekend.  He coded twice on Sunday and is in ICU in a medically induced coma.  They brought him out of the coma and he recognized people on Monday, but then had a seizure.  They put him back in the medically induced coma.  They began to bring him out yesterday and he had another seizure and then coded again.  Apparently he was out for awhile but then came back.  Seriously, no joke, my uncle died a few years ago and was pronounced dead and then came back.  He told us all about going to heaven.  He saw his parents, and Jesus.  They told him it wasn't time yet and then he started breathing again.  Hearing him tell this was AMAZING!  Today, they have instituted the DNR orders.  The doctors are going to remove the life support and basically see what happens. 

LET'S MOVE TO VERY POSITIVE NEWS, shall we....in 99 days our house should be ready.  They began digging yesterday.  We were told 90-100 days, so we are going with 100...should be moved by mid August!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the shots will be fine after you get past that first one. I never used Follistim, but I did the trigger shots. Fortunately, my husband was always available to give them to me. I know I could have got up the courage to do it, but I was glad that I never had to.

    ReplyDelete