I have made no secret that Lillie was a VERY wanted child. She was NO mistake. She was planned and prayed for by many.
The fertility doctor said that neither Jeff nor I have a problem. (More me because of my age, he rated my fertility to that of a 26 year old.) So conceivably, (ha, conceive) we could have more children.
The case for not having a second baby:
- Well, Lill is perfect. How could we have another perfect child?
- The risk for us having a special needs child is greater (due to my age) but based upon all out testing with Lill, the odds are reduced that we would have one. Although Downs Syndrome is different for each child.
- We want to be able to send Lill to private school. At $3k per year for pre-K, K-8 I don't know how we would afford that and food. I have kinda gotten used to eating.
- We want to spoil Lill, with extras-lessons, clothes, time. A second child would limit what we would be able to do.
- I would love to have a little boy. I know Jeff would too.
- Lillie would have someone to grow up with.
- I would like to be pregnant again, hopefully without any issues this time.
- Once Jeff and I are gone, Lillie would have someone to share experiences with.
- I know we have lots of love to share with another baby.
Until there is any reason to worry or wonder i am going to enjoy every moment of my one and only perfect baby girl